The Cornwall Lions was formed in 1932 to provide community leadership in many areas of civic need and to the greater goals of Lions International.
The Lion’s fiscal year follows the school calendar: July-June.
Annually the Cornwall Lions raise and distribute nearly $25,000 for Lions-specific causes:
• Sight & Hearing,
• Diabetes and its prevention
• Lions College Scholarships for local high school students
• Christmas gifting for needful families
• BFF Program – backpacks for food for school children
• Purchase of vision screening machine for children
Donations to two local eye/vision foundations:
• Marchello Miracle Foundation
• Support of Blackrock Forest Consortium Summer Science Camp Scholarship
• Cormwall Historical Society
• The Food Bank of the Hudson Valley
• The Highland [Fire] Engine Company of Cornwall
• The Storm King [Fire] Engine Company of Cornwall
Since 1932, the Cornwall Lions have provided community leadership in many areas of civic need. The proceeds of the club’s many fundraising projects go to the Cornwall Lions Club Community Service Fund. Club members then decide at meetings where the money is needed most with a special emphasis toward funding organizations and needy people – particularly those with special needs in sight, hearing and diabetes.
The Cornwall Lions have dinner meetings the first and third Tuesdays of each month at 6:45PM, preceded by a Board of Directors/Officers meeting at 6:00PM.
The dinner meetings are held at Canterbury Brook Inn – cost is $23 for members and free for invited guests and member prospects [by invitation].
The Cornwall Lions will be hanging the American flag through out the town in appreciation of our Veterans.